Saturday, October 8, 2011

5K

Julie and I are preparing for our run/adventure! little did we know...


It all started with the tires
along the way we encountered canals we had to cross with water to our necks, shallows areas of water with hidden drop offs, hay bail walls to climb over, hills, tunnels, a fire jump, an army crawl, a wall climb (oy, that was hard) and...

The mud pit!! I almost took Julie's shorts off here. After this I thought we were done so I told Julie to sprint to the end because i did not want to but as it turned out that was just over half way and we had to do most of it again. It was hard the second time becasue we had rocks in our shoes from the mud pit and our pants were hanging off of us from being soaked. It was quite an experience.

We made it though!! Yay us!!

Julie's friend Mason ran too but not with us. He is too fast!

Next was the 1K that Addie and Callen got to run. I let Julie who is a lot more young and spry take them  on their run. Not because I couldn't... Well, she begged me to... Well, I couldn't say no to her... Okay, I was exhausted. I am a horrible runner. I am working on that.

They were so cute and they got to do just a few little obstacles with theirs


This is how we all had to go at the end of the race


And then we all got to wash off in the human car wash before running across the finish line


We all CONQUERED!! I did not get my time because my bracelet fell off my ankle somewhere in the race but that was okay we had a great time and it was a great day!!

No comments: