Tuesday, October 11, 2011

some random Idaho happenings

There is a story behind this akward picture. Do you see Julie and Addie at the top. There was a new water park that opened in Rexburg this summer and we went one time. It was pretty cool. Addie really wanted to ride the big water slide and we decided that she was tall enough according to the sign at the bottom of the slide so Julie took her up. I stayed down with callen and played on smaller water attractions with him. After waiting in line for about 45 minutes it was finally their turn and Julie explained that she would go first and that addie would follow and the idiot boy at the top said okay sounds great. So AFTER Julie left he decided to tell Addie that she was too short and could not ride. So we waited at the bottom forever with our cameras ready and finally it was a different girl, not Addie who the lifeguard had told to tell us that she could not go down. So I sent Julie up to get her and before we could get to the stairs Addie had all ready made it to the bottom just bawling. She was uncontrollably bawling. i think she was embarrassed, disappointed, and just upset. I felt so bad for her and I was so mad at that life guard. Especially for letting her go down all those flights of stairs by herself when we were all clearly not there to receive her since we were at the end of the ride. Our trip was almost ruined but after about 20 minutes we finally calmed her down by promising dipped cones after and enjoyed the lazy river for the rest of the time.


We also got to visit my grandparents grave. They were really excited about this. Every time we passed a cemetery back home they would ask me if I knew anyone buried there so I told them that I promised I would take them to see where my grandparents were buried. So we went with my Dad and saw where my Grandpa and Grandma Potter are buried and then we walked by where my uncle Dennis and a sweet little cousin of mine are buried as well. It was a neat experience.

My parents have these this cool wooded area on the side of their house with bird feeders. We liked to watch the birds and decided to make a bird feeder of our own. We made the pine cone and peanut butter thing with bird seeds and it was a huge hit for a few days until Mr. squirrel found a way to get it off its hook and up into the tree. It was funny. We caught him in the act. It was good entertainment.

Of course the kids ran outside right away to try to help the birds get their bird feeder back but he was too fast.

We also helped Tony wash his cars. The kids had a good time with that and really enjoyed the popsicles that accompanied the job!!

No comments: